Vertical header

Sponsored Links
The very nice picture of the pipework is not a low loss header arrangement as used/recommended by keston boilers. Give there tech dept a call and they will fax/mail you a drawing of there idea/method for a low loss header.

The very nice picture of the pipework is not a low loss header arrangement as used/recommended by keston boilers. Give there tech dept a call and they will fax/mail you a drawing of there idea/method for a low loss header.

I'm glad you said that I thought I'd lost the plot.

Didn't look like Low Loss header to me either :confused:

Nice pipework though

Sponsored Links
Yep that's what I call a Low Loss Header or Low Velocity Header.

Do you guys have any contacts for suppliers of manufactured LL headers?

We used to make or own a few years ago, before they became popular, but I dont have my welder contacts anymore. :(

Still make our own or should I say before I retired a month ago

Most engineers will knock them up

Lowlossheader-002.jpg

Cheers, thats how we used to do them or should I say our welder did.

My then boss used to spec them up.

What did you do for design/sizes? of the vertical diameter?

Add up the cross sectional area of all F & R's and allow a bit?

or am I over simplifying it.

Cheers, thats how we used to do them or should I say our welder did.

My then boss used to spec them up.

What did you do for design/sizes? of the vertical diameter?

Add up the cross sectional area of all F & R's and allow a bit?

or am I over simplifying it.

Its more down to flow rates, We had a chart in the office before I retired.

Lets just say too big is better than too small

It is not a low loss header, it is just a flow and return header system, this is a low loss header

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u292/silverback_2007/DSC00884.jpg

This has about as much resemblance to a low loss header as Diyitall's first image. :rolleyes:

You obviously do not know anything, flow and return mixing in one header equals low loss header, if you look there is a flow and return going in and a flow and return coming out, what else would you call it

I was surprised they didn't stagger the the primary side billybob

I was surprised they didn't stagger the the primary side billybob

I must admit so was I, but I think it is done internally, it incorparates a strainer internally to protect the two boilers that it is connected to, it is made by Spirovent.

billy bob wrote

what else would you call it

A hydraulic decoupler. :rolleyes:
Consisting of four connections (as your image shows) which allows the heating load to be distributed over several boilers giving higher operating efficiencies allowing some boilers to be switched off at part load operation.
Yes, as in the case of the low loss header it has negligible pressure drop over its length.
However with the low loss header or low pressure header system multiple secondary circuits can be connected directly to the header pipe with each secondary circuit requiring its own secondary circulation pump.

billy bob wrote

what else would you call it

A hydraulic decoupler. :rolleyes:
Consisting of four connections (as your image shows) which allows the heating load to be distributed over several boilers giving higher operating efficiencies allowing some boilers to be switched off at part load operation.
Yes, as in the case of the low loss header it has negligible pressure drop over its length.
However with the low loss header or low pressure header system multiple secondary circuits can be connected directly to the header pipe with each secondary circuit requiring its own secondary circulation pump.

Well I can tell you, it's a low loss header, you have been educated
You really need to look at images before you Google, there are two blanked off circuits which were for a future extension which will have its own pump or secondary circulation as you stated, I also left tappings for a third boiler to cope with the additional output

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back