Vertical radiator not warming up properly. Only in parts.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have replace an horizontal radiator with a vertical radiator but this is making me some headache.

It's has not flow direction as all 4 ingress seems to be the same. So I have fitted the Trv and everything but is not heating up on the bottom and TRV side pipe is cold .

What I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• 16825922156218909157081177514109.jpg
    16825922156218909157081177514109.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 43
Sponsored Links
as all 4 ingress seems to be the same
Invariably most vertical rads over a certain size have an internal baffle and need to the flow to be fitted correctly, only way they can work properly. One that size, especially if it is a double vertical will invariably have a specific flow direction. Were there fitting instructions?

These also sometimes have a top and bottom with a baffle in the bottom to spread the heat so wont work right if fitted upside down .
But try this first turn every other rad off and have both the valves fully open on the new rad and see if that pushes any air out as it can take a while to get air pockets out of them

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back