Vertical radiator performance suddenly better.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Newly installed vertical radiator had issues from installation, took 45 minutes to fully heat and never really got as hot as i expected.

Anyway i tried all the usual balancing, turning all other rads off and so on, nothing worked.

Randomly one of my other radiators now makes loud cracking noises as the heating starts, but at the same time my vertical rad is now performing better, within 20 minutes its mostly warm and within 30 minutes its nice and hot.

Its still far from what the old normal radiator was and i wish it would heat quicker but is there any reason the performance suddenly got better randomly? And if so is there anything else i could do to help?

There was no cold spots in the vertical radiator suggesting bleeding was required, nor on any other radiators is there cold spots, it just took ages to heat.

Sponsored Links
Are you still running your boiler at 60C flowtemp as per your other thread?.
Quicker warm up could be due to increased flowtemperature and or increased flowrate due to the pump duty being changed or maybe simply that some crap has now been washed out of the rad, especially if you didn't flush it through before install, I think these rads have very small bore water passages.
Can you measure the actual flow/retun temperatures with a IR gun?.

Are you still running your boiler at 60C flowtemp as per your other thread?.
Quicker warm up could be due to increased flowtemperature and or increased flowrate due to the pump duty being changed or maybe simply that some crap has now been washed out of the rad, especially if you didn't flush it through before install, I think these rads have very small bore water passages.
Can you measure the actual flow/retun temperatures with a IR gun?.
Still running at 60 yes, well 61 as thats the temp the boiler suggests is most efficient for some strange reason.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back