Vertical supports

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

I need to make something similar for to the image attached (for our school fayre) but unsure how to go about the feet.

Can you buy these, is there a specific name or could anyone advise my best way forward?

Thanks

Attachments

• C5677F95-2C6B-4615-BFC6-91E4B1588F8B.jpeg
    C5677F95-2C6B-4615-BFC6-91E4B1588F8B.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 202
Sponsored Links
Just a triangle of ply or osb slotted to take main board which is also slotted , can be assembled easily and will pack away flat.
Or you could fit feet fixed with L brackets

Last edited:
To stop the "missiles" travelling too far behind the target board hang a cloth sheet behind the target board as a back stop. The distance between target board and the back stop is best when about three times the diameter of the "missiles". Using a soft sheet for the back stop will prevent "missiles" from rebounding back through the target board and causing disputes about whether the "missile" did score.

I’m with you, I don’t think it’s too hard to make so will have a crack at the weekend.

What’s the best to use for the board, easiest to paint etc

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Mdf gives nice smooth paint finish but is heavy and won’t survive wet weather but fine for one off.
Ply is fairly smooth but more expensive while OSB is cheapest but rougher surface .
Or you could paint your design on heavy duty lining paper and stick to timber .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back