Very hot radiators

Sponsored Links
Yes, it really is that simple.

NOT :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The boiler stat and room stat have completely different purposes.

Re the room thermostat, well I had it turned right down to the 'click' between on/off and they were still piping hot, i have now changed the stats and also opened fully the bypass valve near to the 3 way port valve, rads are cooler but the first one off the system is very hot, just not sure now if its just my imagination and they have always been like it or what. Any way I will monitor and see.
I've been toying with the idea of a new boiler something like the Worcester Greenstar 12Ri Boiler which I think would slot in without too much modification, I'm thinking it would pay for its self in 3 years with reduced running cost, any one out there with any feedback on the Worcester?

Personally I like Worcesters.

Personally, I would keep your exsisting boiler.

The 'Low' Stat cuts out at approx 70 degrees which is still quite hot.

I apologise to gasman (namsag) as you should have not ventured inside the combustion chamber, and I didnt warn you of the dangers.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Whens the last time the boiler was serviced as these buggers heat exchangers always soot up giving high co levels.was the inside of the combustion cover full of green dust?

Taking on board your advice on Safety I cannot argue with your comments, I also work in an industry (telecommunications) where safety is paramount so to this end I have made inquiries re 'service contracts' with British Gas' £16 a month covers boiler and central heating repairs and an annual service with all parts and labour covered, no call out fees.
Any comments from you guys in the business?

Whens the last time the boiler was serviced as these b*****r heat exchangers always soot up giving high co levels.was the inside of the combustion cover full of green dust?

Well its not had a genuine service for some time but I had been in there 12 months ago to replace the pilot burner fitting, and have given the heat exchange a good brushing/cleaning along with the burners, there was a small amount of 'green' dust in the bottom of the chamber, same again last weekend.
By the way I do have a Carbon Monoxide detector fitted close by and never had a peep out of it.

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back