Very low pressure from new monobloc tap in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Anyone know why since I had a monbloc tap installed with the new bathroom, the pressure is terrible on both the cold and hot setting? I used to have reasonable pressure, which I was happy with on the hot and very good on cold (I had two old fashioned taps before). New tap in kitchen also poor hot pressure and the cold blasts out (must be fed off mains).

The immersion heater is my only form of heating water.

Thanks!:cool:

Sponsored Links
probably high pressure taps on a low pressure system

read what bar they recommend in the mi's

Yeah the plumber did mention something about the taps being new and all new taps are now for high pressure systems to try and save water???

Sorry but what is a mi's? I have had a look aroung homebase, b&Q etc trying to find a different tap....guess I need one that operates at a very low bar?

Yeah the plumber did mention something about the taps being new and all new taps are now for high pressure systems to try and save water???

what load of rubbish he talks.
Sorry but what is a mi's? I have had a look aroung homebase, b&Q etc trying to find a different tap....guess I need one that operates at a very low bar?

manufacturers instructions.

yes you need low pressure.

Sponsored Links
I know, I think I was "had" by them a little.....

Thats great thanks seco services, I will be on the hunt for a low pressure mixer tap and get a different plumber to fit it! :D

I know, I think I was "had" by them a little.....

Thats great thanks seco services, I will be on the hunt for a low pressure mixer tap and get a different plumber to fit it! :D

ideal standard do some nice low pressure mixer taps.
diy stores a no go.

Thanku, that's great I will google Ideal Standard to see where I can purchase. :D

Are you sure you mean low pressure, and not low flow? Lots of people mix them up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back