Very Puzzling

if u know where the pipe outside that is running comes in (normally under boiler) follow it back inside until it joins on to a brass valve with a plastic head on it . this is the head that will turn on a cam & jump. if u have to get in side the boiler to reach it isolate the power 1st, some times u can just reach them with 2 fingers from under the bottom of the boiler.

Sponsored Links
:( Thanks again. I think I've located the prv - it has a red plastic cap on a brass fitting - how exactly do I reset it?

it will only turn 1 way normaly clockwise. as u turn it it will jump. as u turn it you are opening it & when its jumped its closed. let it jump 2 or 3 time s then try to repressure boiler.

Don't forget the other excellent advice to remove the flexible link of the filling loop.

Go to a plumbers merchants tell them you want A/ two 1/2" female iron caps and B/ some 1/2" fibre washers.

Put one of B into each of A. Turn off any isolating valves either side of the flexible connection, place one of your AB's on each.

Whenever you need to top up the pressure acording to what the guage reads, replace the "temporary" flexible connection. I do this with my instrallations and put the flexible link on top of the boiler showing them that is where it belongs.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your help. I tried turning the prv. I think I'm out of my depth and get a professional out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back