Very Puzzling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:(Hope someone can help.

My combi boiler (which had been losing pressure) was serviced last week. The engineer replaced a prv(?) and charged the expansion vessel. I had a radiator removed today. A few hours after the radiator was removed, there is no pressure in my central heating system. Each time I try to increase the pressure, it momentarily rises and then quickly falls back to zero. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
The water u are puttin in is goin smoewhere . Find it & your half way there.

Who drained the system to fit the rad?, I'll bet it was done through your new prv....take a look at the little copper pipe outside, if it's dripping then it's time to get another new one fitted :cry:

:( Thanks for the replies. My joiner removed the rad and I'm not sure how he drained it. Each time I try to add pressure the water is draining from the pipe on the outside wall. Why would removing a rad have this effect - are Vokera combi's so senstive?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like i may have let the pressure off with the pressure releif valve isde bottom of boiler . ask him. if u can find it try turning it untill it jumps then repressure system.

ollski just told you, read his post again. New prv AGAIN, and next time don't let a joiner near it.

:( Thanks again for the replies. Much appreciated.

When my joiner removed the rad, he never went near the combi bolier. He just closed the valves on the rad, removed it, and blanked the pipes off. Why would this have caused a problem with the boiler?

bri8 said:
:( Thanks again for the replies. Much appreciated.

When my joiner removed the rad, he never went near the combi bolier. He just closed the valves on the rad, removed it, and blanked the pipes off. Why would this have caused a problem with the boiler?
If that is what he did there should be no reason why that should cause what has happened. does the rad he took off have a thermostat on it . do all other rads have thermostats on them.?

:( There are no thermostats on any of the rads in my house. The rad that the joiner removed was in an internal box room and had not been on in eight years.

well point in question is why is the pressure relief valve p.i.s.s.i.n.g down the wall. hav u tried turnning the knob on the valve to reset it,

:( How would I reset the PRV and how do I find it? Thanks again.

:( How would I take the fill loop off? Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back