Expansion Vessels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
charliefullofbrownstuffinhispants. have you remembered to take your medication this morning. :rolleyes:

May I take this opportunity to apologise to Do it all, for the way I addressed him earlier, very knowledgeable person and a true Gentleman. Hope you accept it Dia, it was a moment of frustration. You know more than I will ever learn and your advice is always gratefully received and appreciated. Thank you.

OP, I have not read the verbal exchange that has started on page one, but going by what you write I would assume you have a leak instead of a need for new/ additional expansion vessel.

You say pressure drops to zero. I would be looking for a leak instead of connecting another vessel. If system pressure does not rise to 3bar and water does not run off from vent (subject to PRV being sound) I would be reluctant to fit a new vessel.

If your boiler has an output of 20kwatts and you have 24 kwatt (only an example) heating load connected to the boiler, middle of winter you will need thermal underpants and a blanket to keep you warm. You may also need larger expansion vessel as boiler expansion vessel will be undersized to cater for excessive water in the system (based on 20kwatt boiler rating and greater loading). If the heat load is less than 20kwatts, on board expansion vessel should be looked at to see if the pressure is as described in FAQ section.

Sponsored Links
The whole point was that he may get away with adding extra rads to existing system, without need for external pressure vessel, that wasn`t why his boiler was losing pressure, you are right about possible leak but amidst the verbal assault mounted by others I couldn`t get point across, it seems on this forum in certain peoples eyes unless you are `qualified` you don`t have an opinion so shut up. :rolleyes:

no, if you dont know what you are talking about you need to shut up.

your stupidity was getting a little close to baiting others into argument.

no, if you dont know what you are talking about you need to shut up.

your stupidity was getting a little close to baiting others into argument.

To be fair what was the point of your post only to insult, if you don`t have anything constructive to add there is no real need to post, as for being stupid, like I said point out where and I`ll hold my hands up. :rolleyes: I am here to learn and pick up all I can, already said that. If I have an opinion I think may be valid I`ll post it, it`s as simple as that, if I`m wrong, fine, correct me and I`ll be quite happy to have been taught something valuable and thank you for it. Your attitude of `shut up you are stupid`is not really helping anyone. I `m here as long as the more gracious members are willing to answer. If you and micky and the other clown don`t like it I suggest you place me on your ignore list, everyone`s a winner. You have a good day now.

the purpose of my post was to respond to this statement.

amidst the verbal assault mounted by others I couldn`t get point across, it seems on this forum in certain peoples eyes unless you are `qualified` you don`t have an opinion so shut up. :rolleyes:

the answers were given to you but you chose to argue the point beyond stupidity and ignore the advice of people trying to help you learn.

Look I don`t want to labour a point, I fully understand what an extra expansion vessel does and when one may be required. I was asking if it would be at all possible if the OP could get away with adding extra rads to system, it`s as simple as that. It`s not unheard of and I was not arguing with anyone about it. Don`t understand how that is stupid. Read through what I actually posted before judging on what you think I posted.
So far I have been branded stupid, a ****** and told to shut up, all for what offering an opinion?
I`d like to leave it there if I may.

Why would an extra vessel be required on a combination boiler.

With gas work it could be dangerous to offer an opinion based on loose understanding. Gas safety is of paramount importance, so please only post what is fact and not based on perceived ideas. Giving wrong advice could hit someone purse badly, even cause an injury or fatality.

DP

Why would an extra vessel be required on a combination boiler.

I never said it would.

With gas work it could be dangerous to offer an opinion based on loose understanding.

I agree and I haven`t posted an opinion based on loose understanding.

Gas safety is of paramount importance, so please only post what is fact and not based on perceived ideas. Giving wrong advice could hit someone purse badly, even cause an injury or fatality.

Couldn`t agree with you more DP, if you are suggesting I have given wrong or dangerous advice, please let me know where/when and I will gladly retract and apologise, otherwise I agree with all you are saying.

I agree and I haven`t posted an opinion based on loose understanding.

I think even the term 'loose understanding' would be a charitable overstatement of this fellows' abilities.

More uncalled for animosity. :rolleyes: What`s your problem, how have I managed to upset you? As for my abilities, how can you judge? if it`s from all that I have posted so far I can`t see a queue forming to point out what I have done/said that is wrong, maybe you can help me out. What have I said/done wrong?

from all that I have posted so far I can`t see a queue forming to point out what I have done/said that is wrong

Get down to Specsavers.

Hilarious, another idiot. :rolleyes: I see you don`t have a valid point then. :rolleyes: Let`s consider this closed then shall we?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back