Expansion Vessels

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is the case, then what, in your humble opinion, is the cause of the OP's problems, and what would be the solution?

Expanding water will compress the air inside the rad, taking up the expansion. Come on, even the OP has managed to work that much out.

Can`t see that curing his pressure drop

Also, why would creating extra expansion space in a rad have cured the problem?

Dunno, you seemed to have backed up his explanation, why ask me?

Sponsored Links
I once promised myself I'd never get into any of the daft arguments that go on on this forum between pros and morons, and now I have. Time to return to policy, I'm out

Didn`t think the bullying mentality was your style somehow, especially for a lady,how sad. I wasn`t arguing just giving an opinion which turned into an abusive assault about how incompetent I am and how clever you all are, I only offered a friendly opinion but was met with all this abuse. I hope you are proud and satisfied with yourself. Goodnight to you.

Sponsored Links
If that is the case, then what, in your humble opinion, is the cause of the OP's problems, and what would be the solution?

Expanding water will compress the air inside the rad, taking up the expansion. Come on, even the OP has managed to work that much out.

Can`t see that curing his pressure drop

Also, why would creating extra expansion space in a rad have cured the problem?

Dunno, you seemed to have backed up his explanation, why ask me?

Just after your 'humble opinion'. You seem to think you know the answer, so please, share your greater knowledge with us all so that we can all benefit from your inifinite wisdom :LOL:

Just after your 'humble opinion'. You seem to think you know the answer, so please, share your greater knowledge with us all so that we can all benefit from your inifinite wisdom

Thought you`d gone.I have an opinion on the solution but it would be pointless admist such impressing intellect. Through all this I have noted that mostly you have spouted bull*****, let`s hear your opinion.I doubt you have one and will probably wait for everyone else to jump in and then mix in amongst the abusers and sad acts. Can`t wait. :rolleyes:

Thought you`d gone.I have an opinion on the solution but it would be pointless admist such impressing intellect. Through all this I have noted that mostly you have spouted bull*s**t, let`s hear your opinion.I doubt you have one and will probably wait for everyone else to jump in and then mix in amongst the abusers and sad acts. Can`t wait.

how do you work out, that the advice given is bullshit.since you cant grasp the understanding off basic phsysics.water expands so needs some where to go as an EV uses air for expansion, why would a rad not work in the same way.an EV has to be specified for the volume of water the system is designed for.E.g a 2 bed house with 4 rads and 30kw combi,will cope.yet a five bed house with 13 rads and 30kw combi might not.a manufacterer doesnt know your house type.if you cant grasp this, your a lost cause.

Just after your 'humble opinion'. You seem to think you know the answer, so please, share your greater knowledge with us all so that we can all benefit from your inifinite wisdom

Thought you`d gone.I have an opinion on the solution but it would be pointless admist such impressing intellect. Through all this I have noted that mostly you have spouted bull*s**t, let`s hear your opinion.I doubt you have one and will probably wait for everyone else to jump in and then mix in amongst the abusers and sad acts. Can`t wait. :rolleyes:

Read back, I've already given my opinion, your turn. I tire of you now, I'm out

water expands so needs some where to go as an EV uses air for expansion, why would a rad not work in the same way

Because a rad is an emitter of heat and generally full most of the time having hot water pass thru it, it is not a vessel meant to to take expansive hot water.

an EV has to be specified for the volume of water the system is designed for.E.g a 2 bed house with 4 rads and 30kw combi,will cope.

and will probably be oversized for that house.

yet a five bed house with 13 rads and 30kw combi might not.

Depends on the hot water consumption.

a manufacterer doesnt know your house type.if you cant grasp this, your a lost cause.

Merry Christmas anyway, ( you are a drunk aren`t you)?

Read back, I've already given my opinion, your turn. I tire of you now, I'm out.

Don`t have to, you are incompetent bow out gracefully and shut your mouth, everyone else had the sense to do so. ;)

The first column is the total water content of the system in litres.

The second column is the expansion at an initial system pressure of 1bar.

The third column is the expansion at an initial system pressure of 1.5bar.

Pressure relief valve setting (bar) 3.0

25-- 2.7-- 3.9
50-- 5.4-- 7.8
100-- 10.9-- 15.6
125-- 13.6 19.5
150-- 16.3-- 23.4
175-- 19.1-- 27.3
200-- 21.8-- 31.2
225-- 24.5-- 35.1
250-- 27.2-- 39.0
275-- 30.0-- 42.9
300-- 32.7-- 46.8
325-- 35.7-- 50.7
350-- 38.1-- 54.6
375-- 40.9-- 58.5
400-- 43.6-- 62.4
425-- 46.3-- 66.3
450-- 49.0-- 70.2
475-- 51.8-- 74.1
500-- 54.5-- 78.0
For system volumes other than those given
above, multiply the system volume by the
factor across
0.109-- 1bar

0.156--1.5bar.

do hope that helps
:LOL:

charliechaplinspants";p="1259329 said:
doitall said:
The first column is the total water content of the system in litres.

Pasting and copying is not an answer, am I supposed to be impressed? You`re wrong Son, get over it. :rolleyes:

Whats wrong with copying and pasting the Manufacturers instructions, they are what you should be working to after all.

The only one that's wrong boy is you.

I can`t be wrong, because all I`m sayin` is what you told me, fool. :rolleyes:
That`s where my advice came from.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back