Very shallow waste required for sink drainer (low clearance)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the following insert/undermount drainer:

http://www.caple.co.uk/sinks-taps/s...vidual-and-multiple-bowls/zerod45-40-w-500mm/

I want this to be on top of the integrated dishwasher (where often a draining board would be with an inset sink).

The problem is that this doesn't drain in to the sink but has a 90mm waste, and I need a way of getting draining to the main waste under the sink without it hitting the dishwasher.

The lowest profile thing I can find is a Wirquin shower waste that is 58mm from bottom of sink which itself is 25mm from worktop surface (giving a total required clearance of 83mm): http://www.screwfix.com/p/wirquin-pro-slim-high-flow-shower-waste-90mm/10400

Problem is that I don't think this will be enough to clear the dishwasher, and I really don't need the flow rate that this waste will provide.

I was hoping there would be a way of fitting a very shallow waste with an overflow (flat) tube connecting like a normal overflow to teh main waste but I can't find anything.

Anyone got any ideas or do I need to fabricate something myself from an overflow and shallow waste myself?

Sponsored Links
I suspect that you wont find anything as shallow as you need that will give a) sufficient trap depth to prevent foul gas issues & b) give you a decent flowrate

I suspect that you wont find anything as shallow as you need that will give a) sufficient trap depth to prevent foul gas issues & b) give you a decent flowrate
I was hoping to plumb this in to the overflow inlet for the main sink so it would use the trap for that. Also the flow would be minimal as it would just be a small amount of water running off drying dishes.

I'm really hoping I can find a solution as there is nowhere else for this to go!

Sponsored Links
It seems unlikly I will be able to lower the dishwasher since the door lines up - but I will double check tonight.

I'm a little surprised nobody else has had to solve this problem before but I guess drainers with wastes are unusual...

I-
I'm a little surprised nobody else has had to solve this problem before but I guess drainers with wastes are unusual...
very unusual - and dare I say pointless :cry: You could consider getting a stainless steel disc with a hole cut to fit a standard overflow - and it could be fixed to the underside of the drainer with epoxy resin

check out one of these hudson reed chrome retainer bath waste & and plug and chain.E347 you may be able to fit the chrome waste outlet cover onto the over flow connection and use overflow pipe to connect to sink trap they cost about £8-50

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back