How to clear blocked shower waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have a slim line shower tray, with I think this waste.

http://www.betterbathrooms.com/taps/tap-wastes/90mm-high-flow-shower-tray-waste/

Its blocked and I'm having trouble clearing it. I can't work out how to access the waste pipe.

It feels like the water fills up a trap then overflows that, before going out into the waste. Leaving no way to access the waste pipe. Surely though that cannot be the case?

If I use a drain unblocker all it does is mainly fill up the trap, which does nothing to remove the blockage.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If there's no access to the pipework then it's either pour a lot of 'unblocker' into the waste (leave it in the trap/waste for 24 hours) or plunging - the risk being that, if there are compression joints in the waste run, you may cause a hidden leak.

That waste is a recipe for blockages - the gunk builds up on the corrugations.

Tga
If there's no access to the pipework then it's either pour a lot of 'unblocker' into the waste (leave it in the trap/waste for 24 hours) or plunging - the risk being that, if there are compression joints in the waste run, you may cause a hidden leak.

That waste is a recipe for blockages - the gunk builds up on the corrugations.

Thanks, do pressurised unblockers exist.. If so, might that help.

Yes - but you run the risk of blowing a coupling (I've seen it happen twice).

Try the 'unblocker' route first and give it time to work - don't try any of the strong acid types (potentially very dangerous and can destroy plastic pipework)

Sponsored Links
Yes - but you run the risk of blowing a coupling (I've seen it happen twice).

Try the 'unblocker' route first and give it time to work - don't try any of the strong acid types (potentially very dangerous and can destroy plastic pipework)
Thanks mate

Any suggestion of an unblocker?

Get ya self one of these and safe ££s on plumbers fees..

41mlTsdw4HL._AC_UL320_SR240,320_.jpg

Jedi, I can't use that (I already have one) as I cannot access the waste pipe. I don't think it's possible via the waste.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back