Very slow draining basin - please help

sounds a simple device and obviously used to work. Like i said sounds like a sagging pipe and if bad will have formed a large trap of water in low point thats why chemicals etc not working

Sponsored Links
Hi,
it seems this chap doesn't have an anti vac valve fitted.The early consensus was that the stack pipe was partially blocked. I have used an acid based product called oneshot to clear blockages in toilets, basins and showers. Its available at b+q. Its fierce, wear gloves, don't breathe the fumes etc. Has anyone else used this at all? The nightmare is that the blockage doesn't clear and you're left with trap and pipes filled with this nasty stuff, however as there seems to be some flow here the stuff should get taken to the blockage. :D

could it be that the sink has one of those lever/plunger jobbies instead of a plug...? There is one in my parents house that needs adjusting and it cannot keep up with the taps. Pull the plunger out and it all flows away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back