Slow draining basin waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just fitted a new washstand and vanity bowl with an unslotted waste and new bottle trap. This is attached to new pipework (so no blockages) but the water is draining away very slowly from the basin.

I've disconnected the trap from the pipework and allowed the basin to drain away through the trap and into a bucket and it just dribbles out. I've had the trap apart and all appears OK - there just seems to be an airlock/vacuum created hindering the flow.

I don't know whether I'm allowed to name names on here but it's a small chrome bottle trap from a wellknown outlet "where the trade buys" cost £12.99, if anyone's had a similar issue!

Any advice greatly received, ta.

Sponsored Links
Is the trap adjustable?

Is there an instruction sheet stuffed inside it?!

Is the trap adjustable?

Is there an instruction sheet stuffed inside it?!

That was quick, cheers Axel.

It is 'telescopic' and I have adjusted it to sit at the lowest point from the basin to see if that effected the flow into the bucket but no difference. No instructions other than initial fitting.

I guess the next step will be to get another trap and try that.

Swap the trap with one that has an air admittance valve. This should cure your probmem.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back