VERY Stiff Bath Tap Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a bathroom tap that is very stiff to turn (hot tap). It takes some brute force to get it turned on, and even then it is not fully.

I have tried spraying WD-40 on it, with no success.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
It's probably scaled up, you need to either replace the valve or descale it.

Turn the water off, easier if you have isolating valves. dismantle the tap head, remove the valve, chuck valve in decaler solution (same stuff some use for kettles) Reassemble tap head, turn water back on. :D

Sponsored Links
Well, as you may have guessed, DIY / Plumbing etc is certainly not my forte so I have no idea what you mean by MCB.

I also wouldn't know where to begin when dismantling a tap, so think I may need to get someone in.

Sounds pathetic I know!

Thanks for your advice.

Well, as you may have guessed, DIY / Plumbing etc is certainly not my forte so I have no idea what you mean by MCB.
Evidently, as you posted this in electrics UK.

An MCB is an overcurrent protection device employed to protect electrical circuits in a house from dangerous overload conditions should something go wrong.

Get a DIY book it aint difficult. MCB, dunno about that some private joke I think! Oh no, I see, wrong forum section mate !! Have a search on the plumbing and central heating section try search for "replace washer tap" minus the quotes, you should find out what you need.

Ahh, :oops:

Many thanks and sorry for wrong forum post. I shall look in the other forums.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back