vibrating radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
i live in student digs and when on, the radiator - the best way to describe it, it sounds like someone is drilling into the wall, a sort of buzzing sound - waking everyone in the house up in the middle of the night, and disturbing people during the day.

the only way to stop is to it making noises is to have it turned up full blast - which makes the room boiling - or turn it off completely - which makes the room freezing cold. note - it's only my radiator that does this.

there's two boilers in the house - both the same (one for upstairs, one for downstairs) : brittany flexiflue. a plumber/electrician came out before xmas, because the pilot light kept going out - he changed 2 2A fuses and 2 3A fuses in the boiler.

i thought it may need bleeding. i tried that, but its no different.

i told the landlord, he tried bleeding it, and sod's law it didn't do it. he said that there was nothing wrong.

can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
i didn't know about the flexiflue being a water heater, my mistake! i don't know anything about plumbing, etc

thanks, i'll tell the landlord, and see if he does anything about the TRV

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back