Vibration from Unvented inlet valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Range Tribune HE 250l
I'm pretty sure it's the check valve. Sounds like motorboat/whine/moan.
Reliance are saying it could be the rubber in the EV is covering the entrance to the EV, because the entrance is at the bottom. Sounds a bit odd to me, having fitted many that way. They're saying turn it over. (tricky in this case)

It's operating from a 2 bar supply. P red valve is at factory 3bar .
EV was at 3 bar as supplied, and it moaned first thing in the morning after water had heated. I tried with EV dropped to 1.5 bar, and it moaned much more often.
Pumped back to about 3.3 bar it's back to being intermittent, and mostly in the morning.

Valve to EV connection supplied was a flexy like a tap connector. Tried replacing it with copper, no difference.

It's hard to "try" things when it's doing it only every other day at 5 am, for 15 seconds or so. Enough to wake everyone up though, because some hidden pipe resonates... :rolleyes:

Any suggestions?

A Google search on "Unvented noise" finds a few similar problems, no solutions.
I could try a resistance and extra EV somewhere to try to dampen it, or knobble the spring on the check valve

Sponsored Links
I've found dropping the ev pressure to half way between static & dynamic pressure at outlets cures a lot of problem noises.
Maybe you need to drop ev pressure a bit lower than 1.5 ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back