Vibration in CH Pipes - new combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Had a new Baxi 105HE boiler fitted last week to replace gravity fed system. All fine for first week, now when I turn on the Central Heating, after 3 or 4 mins I get the pipes vibrating and even feel the radiators vibrating.

I've been told over the phone by the plumber who fitted that its :

(1) Air in system
(2) Loose pipes

So I've bled the system, drained the system, bled it again and I've found some lose pipes which were rattling and clipped them to the wall/joists.

The vibration is there still and although the clipping of the pipes has helped reduce the noise, its still vibrating and banging some pipes.

To me, it seems like the pipes banging is the result of something else, rather than the cause.

Any ideas anyone ? If I put my hand around the pipe it feels like the water is "pulsing" though instead of a smooth flow ? How water is fine.....

Any thoughts much appreciated whilst I try and get the plumber back round.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Never had a radiator that vibrated, get your installer back.
If he refuses, or wants money for it, you can always call GSR, and tell them you are worried about the boiler.
The symptoms do not immediately raise a concern per se, but it has the hallmarks of a botchjob.

Do you have old trvs, I suspect 1 or more are fitted on the return. Turn them all off bar one, turn heating on then as it heats up go round turning them on and see if the rads get hot through the trv or lockshield.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back