video download clip to powerpoint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i wish to download a video clip from the cancer research web site onto a powerpoint presentation . the clip opens up in windows media player ,
is it possible to save clip, i've read previous post on u tube download but seem different application , thanks ,dave

Sponsored Links
Right Click on the download link and select Save Target As..

Once the file has been saved open powerpoint and select Insert Movie from file.

Depending on your PP version. ;)

thanks doc ,
managed to download as sugested , that done , when i'ved tried to insert into my powerpoint doccument message unable to do "verify path and format are correct , any help, thanks ,dave

Firstly make sure you can play the file using windows Media Player.

OK Try it this way

Once you have done this open PP and go to the slide you wish to show your video.

Goto Insert Object and select Windows Media Player.

Once inserted right click on the player and goto properties.

In the Properties their is a URL field - put the address of the video in here.

e.g. c:\my video\cancer_research.wmv

You may also want to change the stretch to fit option.

Sponsored Links
PP help Orifice2000 said:
Insert a video on a slide
Display the slide you want to add the video to.

On the Insert menu, point to Movies and Sounds.

Do one of the following:
To insert a video from the Clip Gallery, click Movie from Gallery, and then locate and insert the video you want.

To insert a video from another location, click Movie from File, locate the folder that contains the video, and then double-click the video you want.

A message is displayed. If you want the movie to play automatically when you move to the slide, click Yes; if you want the movie to play only when you click the movie during a slide show, click No.

To preview the movie in normal view, double-click the movie.

Tip You can also change play settings - for example, loop the movie or add an animation effect to your movie.
Set options for a sound or video to play during a slide show
Select the video or sound icon you want to set options for.

On the Slide Show menu, click Custom Animation, and then click the Multimedia Settings tab.

Select the options you want, or click More Options.
For Help on an option, click the question mark and then click the option.

Tip You can also animate a sound icon or video; for example, you can have the sound icon "fly in" from the left side of the slide and then begin to play during an animation sequence.

? ?

empip thanks for info , the problem i'm having is i think with the file format playing on media player , plays on windows media player on net , i'ved saved ok clip but transferring into my powerpoint application seems to change the format ? thanks ,dave

Are you down loading this ? 'whatisrelayforlifevideo.htm' That is not a video.
The site is streaming video... There seems to be no facilty to download any video.

OR.

Are you getting this ? 'relayfinal_overview.wmv' Is that the one?

If not able to download, this will work, copy this partial address (do not add www. to the address!! ) into your browser's address bar then activate it (press enter??) or that little right arrow. ;)

media.cancerresearchuk.org/media/relayfinal_overview.wmv

If the stand alone biggy windows media player starts running the video, click on 'file' 'save as' select a folder where you will be able to find the video then 'ok' to save it.
I am using Opera browser I'll now try in IE7.
Works ok.

Try it... If the video saves and you can find it, retry the previous instructs for PP.

:cool:

empip , thankyou very much for your time in helping me out with this , now all sorted , many thanks , dave

Followed my 'nose' really.

Running my Opera browser..
Attempted usual right click on video hot link, 'save target as' didn't expect much joy as the video 'name and extension' (.wmv or .mpg) not shown... Just offers the HTML page source stuff... I did know that '.htm' was not a video format.

Ran the video, in the web page, opens within small window, right clicked on the image, from the resultant 'context menu' selected 'properties'.
Up popped this revelation :-

WMP-Properties.jpg

I then selected the given 'location' address, left mouse button and drag over text, 'ctrl' 'c' to copy, pasted into my browser address bar, mistakenly added 'www.' don't ask why !, in an attempt to grab the video from source... would not work.
Tried IE7 - same result.
Stripped http//www. from link, entered in address bar - activated (http:// was added automatically) and bingo the vid was opened in stand alone Windows media player.
'File' 'save as' offered me the real video filename and extension ( .wmv ) as from properties above.

Placed :- http://media.cancerresearchuk.org/media/relayfinal_overview.wmv (this one is deactivated ;) ) into the Notters editor, note no www. just as copied from 'properties', why didn't I try that in the first instance??? - was found to click 'n' run ok under 'preview', the rest as they say is history.

No magic, just recognising that there was no download offered...

;)

Sponsored Links
Back