Viessmann remote switching by Network wiring centre

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been a lurker here for a good while but now how a snag that am hoping someone can help with:

A bit of a technical Viessmann one...

I have a Viessmann w-100 boiler connected via 4 pipe system to a viessmann 210L unvented cylinder. The whole system was installed by an approved viessmann contractor.

There will be no radiator circuits in the house.

The system has weather comp sensor installed and at present DHW and heating is controlled by viessmann digital plug in timer clock.

We are now integrating a network wiring system - Teletask Micros.

We wish to get the network centre to switch on and off the DHW and the CH instead of the digital timer that is connected to the boiler.

The instructions we have so far from Viessmann basically are:

Remove digital timer input from x7 on the boiler.

For CH: run a switched live from the network wiring centre to "L" on plug 96.
No mention of a neutral connection.
Remove loop between "L" and "1" on plug 96.

For DHW:
run a switched live and neutral to a viessmann cylinder demand junction box - L to 1, N to 2.
Disconnect red connecter "5" from the cylinder control.
Wire the lead from the junction box via the cylinder control to the red terminals 5 in the boiler.

The exact instructions from Viessmann tech support were (quote):
"
The central heating demand 240V to the boiler will be on terminal 1 of plug 96.
The DHW demand 240V to the Cylinder demand box ( orange wire from 2 port on cylinder to meet G3 building regs ) to terminal 1 of X4 and neutral to 2, the cylinder demand box wires to the boiler via volt free cable to flying lead ( supplied inside boiler casing ) plug 5. "

However, when the system is switched on, and the function controlled by the wiring centre, the hot water will switch on, but not off and the CH will not come on at all.

Does anyone have any ideas?

The chap at Viessmann support does not appear much use either via email or on the phone and the Viessmann installer cannot give me an estimate for how long this would take to figure out whilst being the most expensive tradesman i have ever heard of (although i was very pleased with his install).

thanks..

Sponsored Links
Call Viessmann tech and ask for Hugh!

If he does not sort you out then Alex from here will have some words with him.

I assume this is the four pipe boiler with a built in diverter valve?

Tony

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately that didn't help as Hugh turned out to be the most patronising, arrogant and unhelpful chaps you could wish for at a tech help department.

Sponsored Links
the problem is that you want to to sophisticated things with a contract boiler...

not a happy match..the 200 and knx would have been a better bet...

that said the 100 does take opentherm so you could do something...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back