Viessmann Vitodens 050 No Heating

Sponsored Links
East Yorkshire. Will try the manual method and hopefully that manages the problem until it can be fixed. :)

Sponsored Links
Sigh.... Viessmann came out and said nothing is wrong with the boiler. The boiler installer says it is nothing to do with them because there is a water leak somewhere in the house.

The boiler will only turn the heating on if the DHW is turned off, and vice versa.

After I charged the system back up to 1.5 bar the pressure held for a day or two and then slowly dropped towards 1 bar over a period of a few days.

Installer suggests a leaking mixer tap is to blame. There are no dripping taps and no signs of a water leak, so no idea where it could be. So stuck without heating working properly.

So to confirm, by closing the DHW outlet valve at the boiler the rads heat up. Open the valve again and the rads cool down. Water pressure has stabilized and held. Any ideas? The installer is reluctantly coming out tomorrow but they are adamant it is not their problem so I need as much info/ammunition as I can. Thanks!

Some idiot in the past extended the hot water to a new utility room. They ran the pipe inside the bathroom waste pipe... this broke pouring water down the drain so the large leak was not visible anywhere. Now fixed.

Some idiot in the past extended the hot water to a new utility room. They ran the pipe inside the bathroom waste pipe... this broke pouring water down the drain so the large leak was not visible anywhere. Now fixed.

I wouldn’t use the term “idiot” for someone who did that! :eek:

Still don't understand how a leak in the hot water system causes a pressure drop in the heating system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back