Glow Worm 18r no pressure displayed on screen?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi, I have a gloworm 18r and all the tutorials and manuals I look at show it displaying the pressure on the LCD screen on the front automatically or else when you hold down plus and minus but I cannot get it to display on mine no matter what I do, anyone have a clue about that please?

Another problem I have is the rad temp on the front of it set to 68 degrees by pressing mode until just the radiator symbol is displayed but when I try to do the same thing with the hot water symbol the controls dont let me set the temp, does this mean the rad/water temp is the same value do you think?

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have a gloworm 18r and all the tutorials and manuals I look at show it displaying the pressure on the LCD screen on the front automatically or else when you hold down plus and minus but I cannot get it to display on mine no matter what I do, anyone have a clue about that please?

Another problem I have is the rad temp on the front of it set to 68 degrees by pressing mode until just the radiator symbol is displayed but when I try to do the same thing with the hot water symbol the controls dont let me set the temp, does this mean the rad/water temp is the same value do you think?
Is your system sealed or Open Vent?

Have you pressed the + & - buttons for more than 5 secs? Be very exact when pressing them at the same time or it won't register, should come up too when heating mode is de-activated (boiler turned off but still powered up)

The 18r is a regular boiler (heat only) so the HW temp isn't set at the boiler, the water temp is controlled at the cylinder, I presume when you try it comes up 'no'?

Is your system sealed or Open Vent?

Have you pressed the + & - buttons for more than 5 secs? Be very exact when pressing them at the same time or it won't register, should come up too when heating mode is de-activated (boiler turned off but still powered up)

The 18r is a regular boiler (heat only) so the HW temp isn't set at the boiler, the water temp is controlled at the cylinder, I presume when you try it comes up 'no'?
Oh right didnt know that about the cylinder that helps thanks, although I had a look there and I cant see a single control on the cylinder upstairs, what would that look like exactly please?

Yeah Ive tied pressing and holding them for 5/10/30 seconds a load of times, it just doesnt seem to be there. When the boiler is on it just displays the current temp, when its off it just shows the tap and rad icon on a blank screen...

Oh right didnt know that about the cylinder that helps thanks, although I had a look there and I cant see a single control on the cylinder upstairs, what would that look like exactly please?
Depending on the type of cylinder the thermostat may be behind a cover/case on the side of the cylinder.

As far as the pressure setting is concerned then I don't understand why yours isn't showing the pressure as per the manual, again though, is it an open vent or sealed system? Do you have cisterns in the loft or is there a valve with a gauge (edit) that is used to fill the system, possibly up where the cylinder is located along with a red expansion vessel?

Last edited:
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Depending on the type of cylinder the thermostat may be behind a cover/case on the side of the cylinder.

As far as the pressure setting is concerned then I don't understand why yours isn't showing the pressure as per the manual, again though, is it an open vent or sealed system? Do you have cisterns in the loft or is there a valve with a gauge (edit) that is used to fill the system, possibly up where the cylinder is located along with a red expansion vessel?
Thanks for all your help but I think Im just going to bite the bullet and get a professional in to look at it and make sure everythings alright, I can get by for now until it starts getting cold.

As @ScottishGasMan your boiler doesnt have a pressure display or HW temp display, post a pic of your HW cylinder and someone will tell you where to adjuat the HW temperature

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back