Viessmann Vitodens 100 Combi Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 4 year old Viessmann Vitodens 100 Combi boiler feeding an unvented hot water system and underfloor heating system.

My issue is with the hot water circuit.

When the hot water system switches on in the morning and the boiler fires up there is distinct rattle/judder which lasts a second or so and seems to come from somewhere between the boiler outflow and the motorised zone valve (Honeywell 4043 2-port). This occurs again with the first significant use of hot water (shower/bath) but will not occur again until the next on cycle (mid afternoon).

The piping is secure at the boiler end and cylinder end, although I guess there could be a loose clip somewhere in the pipe run.

Any thoughts? I was wondering if there might be some sort of pressure issue or perhaps a sticking valve resulting in a sudden surge of water in the circuit. Or could the coil inside the hot water cylinder be loose (Santon Premier Plus)?

I am not a plumber!

Sponsored Links
When was your cylinder last serviced? It should be done annually, as per the manufacturers' instructions. I suspect that the sound you're hearing is water dumping out of the pressure relief valve as the cylinder heats up

System was serviced a few weeks ago. No sign of water weeping from the drain. My mind keeps turning to a sticking zone valve at the cylinder end or perhaps a dodgy flow limiter at the boiler end.

You don't have a combi boiler!

Why not call whoever serviced it if they can do repairs?

Tony

Sponsored Links
You are right. It is not a combi (just looked and the correct reference is, I think, 100-W System). My engineer has looked into the problem and can't identify the source of the rattle/judder.

Is he deaf or just does not know how to find it?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back