Viessmann Vitodens 100 F2 and F4 help plz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive just had a call saying f4 flashes up on a boiler quite reguarly and f2 ow and again. what does this mean on this type of boiler? i dont have the instructions to hand so cant see the fault fining page. anybody know of the problems? also he says serv comes up aswel??

thanks guys any help really appreciated ;)

Sponsored Links
so whats that then mate, i need a new spark generator and what do i need to do for f4?

is SERV meaning it needs a service by any chance?

ive passed all my gas elements ccn1 cen etc got corgi rep coming to me friday so with a bit of luk i can work on the boiler soonish?

thanks so far mate

F2 is an overheat on the outlet from the primary heat exchanger

Sponsored Links
I have had similar problem and the F2/F4 fault code was cured by replacing a sticky diaphram flap,it is no good trying to clean it also the new one is a slighty modified type.
I also had a problem with the flue whistling when the burner was running,the answer was to do with flue pressure.
We obtained a kit from Viessmann to reduce flue size and it has been fine since.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back