Viessmann vitodens 100-w type wb1b

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Can anyone confirm if this boiler is a combi, because i am reading it does the hot water, but you need a hot water tank for it to run properly.

Sponsored Links
It depends, the 100-W WB1B (now obsolete and superseded by the WB1C) is a range of boilers that includes Combi, System and Open Vented versions. Count the number of pipes coming off the boiler to confirm - seven for a combi, five for a system and four for an open vent (normally)

It's a strange question.

Have you already got one, or are you thinking of buying one? In which case you can have whichever version you want.

p.s.
I have an open vented, and can only see three pipes (including the gas)

edit, oh yes, the plastic condensate as well.

It has the condensate, overflow and 5 other main pipes. Plus i have measured the size and it is 725mm in length and i can see the small dhw heat exchanger above the control panel. So pretty sure it is a combi.

Someone is selling it and when i googled the details it came up as a heating only boiler, hence why i asked here. So pretty sure this is a combi.

Any idea on the age of it. It looks very new. I wonder if viessmann will be able to tell me the age.

Sponsored Links
You would need the long serial number to get the make date.

The W1B superceeded the W1A perhaps about six years ago.

Tony

The WB1C has been around for three years ago so the WB1B boiler you're looking at is likely to be at least three years old

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back