Viessmann Vitodens 100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help!!

We've got a Vitodens 100, about 18mths old.

It's not working!!

The little red reset button is flashing, last time this happened I pressed it (like the plumber said to do) and all was fine.

This time it is saying 0.5 bar in the display box, I've looked in the manual and it means that the pressure is low. I've tried to get hold of my installer with no luck yet.

Can I turn up the pressure myself? Is it easy/safe to do? Does it mean I've get a gas leak? Or water?

Help!! I need to wash my hair!!

Thanks

Katie

Sponsored Links
I'm no expert, but a drop in pressure suggests a (water) leak. It may be quite a small one if it has taken a while to drop.

I believe there is a special procedure to topping up these boilers which should be in the instructions. Vitodens is not a very common boiler so make sure you get someone who is familiar with them.

Beware of topping it up repeatedly without getting the underlying fault resolved.

Thanks for your help.

I managed to get in touch with plumber and it was actually really easy to do.

I'll keep in mind what you said about topping it up and keep an eye on it.

Thanks again

Katie

Sponsored Links
I have a Viessmann Vitodens 100 boiler, the same has happened to me, i had a local plumber in about a month ago, and on his report said i may in a few months need a pump, well, like the plumber says......

yesterday coldest day of the year, the pressure dropped, reset was flashing 0.5bar showing, called a mate who's got his own business, had a look at it, and there was a leak from the pump, he couldnt stop it, says i need a pump

ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET ONE URGENTLY???

Many Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back