Viessmann Vitodens 200 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We are having lots of problems with our boiler at the moment and not getting far with the people I've had out to it. I'm hoping someone with experience of these boilers can give me some tips on what too look for / report.

Its a Vitodens 200 WB2B, almost 10 years old, lots of problems in first few years but been fine for a number of years now.

For a few weeks it has started shutting down while the burner is on, the fan then ramps up to full speed and stays there for a while before slowing down, it can do this a number of times before lighting and carrying on as normal.

I've been working away a lot, came home last night to a freezing cold house and found boiler putting fan on full speed, stopping and repeating over and over again, took ages to get it to light.

What is strange is that it doesn't ever give a fault code or seem to be trying to light, normally you hear the fan come on, relays clicking (gas valve opening?) and then the gas ignite. When its got into this state you don't hear the relays, or an ignition, just the fan.

I've had 2 people out to it, because it doesn't do the fault while they are there or generate a fault code it seems to be a swap bits until it works situation, trouble is they both want to swap different bits (fan, gas valve etc) and none of them are cheap.

Can anyone offer any advice on what to look for or seen similar problems before?

Any help much appreciated.

Andy

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back