VIESSMANN Vitopend 222 question..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Some help please - I've recently had this boiler fitted to my holiday home in France. It's in an en-suite next to a bedroom. As the boiler has a 50 litre built in hot water cylinder, it ticks over during the night to maintain water temperature, which is a little annoying while sleeping.

I'm reading around, and it seems I could 'upgrade' the control unit from a VITOTRONIC 100 to a 200 and then set running times individually for the hours for hot water and the heating individually. At a high cost! The VITOTRONIC is pricey and possibly a bit 'overkill' with an outdoor sensor etc..

I believe I could fit 'just' a generic thermostat with hours control much more cheaply - but would this solve the 'hot water' situation during the night, or simply control the hours for the central heating running? I'm a little confused, and thanks for any help..

Sponsored Links
Assuming it is the same Vitotronic 200 as in the UK it isn't expensive. It is only a replacement control panel and a weather sensor.

About £100 if I remember correctly...........

I assume there is no hot water use during the night, so it must be down to heat loss, for the boiler to fire to replenish the store, are the pipes around the cylinder insulated and do you have a secondary return.

Assuming it is the same Vitotronic 200 as in the UK it isn't expensive. It is only a replacement control panel and a weather sensor.

About £100 if I remember correctly...........
Thanks.. In France they quoted me €400 ! I've had a look here online and a part with the same code is in fact what you mention but not "called" the same (like the boiler itself?) for around £140 inc vat.. Are these easy to fit? Or is it necessary to call in the technician (who commissioned the boiler..) in order to not invalidate any guarantees/maintenance agreements.. The French can be very particular about stuff like this..

I'll also extra lag the in/out pipes, although French plumbing is already done in pre-trunked (and slightly flimsy) PER..

Sponsored Links
On UK models when you take out a controller which the boiler has originally booted up with and exchange for a different version the boiler (helpfully!) goes into fault mode.

The manuals do not describe a process for getting the onboard software to recognise the different controls, so i always end up ringing Viessmann UK. They often have to go off looking too.

So in summary, it is not straightforward, and it is more than possible that the controller would not resolve your problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back