Viessmann Vitodens 222-F and TECH Controllers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,
Just bought a brand new house which has a Viessmann Vitodens 222-F boiler. The heating (underfloor downstairs, rads upstairs, 8 zones in total) is controlled by a wi-fi system called TECH from Poland. Talk about complicated. Not even the builder knows how to set it up properly. The company doesn't even produce a user guide in Polish or English.

So, for the sake of my sanity (and the wife's) I'd like to simplify things. One zone downstairs for the UFH and one upstairs for the rads (replacing the wi-fi TRV's with conventional ones.

I'm a simple man, I don't need to control my heating whist sunning myself in the South of France on my private yacht because I don't have one. I just want to be able to turn on/up the heat when its cold and off/down when its hot. Is that too much to ask?

Can anyone recommend a replacement controller. Some people say I should get a Hive others a Honeywell. I just want it simple and reliable. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
No, don't go putting a Hive on it :eek: that's like buying a Ferrari and filling it with the cheapest lowest-grade fuel you can find, then heading to the tyre shop to have some part-worn remoulds fitted.

You should keep the UFH zones separate even if you want to get rid of the individual radiator stats. You'll need to buy replacement radiator valves if you want to change from the electronic ones though (unless they've left you with the heads from the existing ones).

What control do you have fitted to the boiler itself? Can you post a photo of the screen?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back