Single Rad comes on when computer says No.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,
I have a really weird intermittent thing going on. It happened again last night.

I have 3 zones of UFH downstairs currently running 24/7. Upstairs I have 6 rads/towel rails on 5 zones (8 in total). All the rads have wi-fi controlled TRV's or 'Actuators'.

All rads are programmed to go off at 8pm. Last night, one of the rads (Zone 7 - Bed 2) stayed on all night. This is despite the controller telling me that all the rads were off and none were calling for heat.

All the equipment was supplied by a Polish company called TECH (they supply a company in the UK called PolyPipe which has been helpful supply user guides for me). The last time I had an issue with a sensor, they suggested I send it back to them in Poland so they could have a look at it. That would have meant no heating in that room for as long as it took.

I cannot figure out how one of the rads can come on. Is it a fault with the controller?

I'm getting to the point where I think it will be better to rip it all out and put something 'standard' in like manual TRV's and a Nest.

Thanks.

Mystified, confused and frustrated of Cirencester.

Sponsored Links
There can be downsides to using non mainstream brands...

Is it a fault with the controller?

Swap over one the working heads to find out.

My guess is that an actuator is more likely to fail (and easier to replace).

Last edited:
Thanks polesapart, if I can find the instructions on how to do it, I'll give it a go.
The only time the rad goes off, is when none of the other zones are calling for heat.
I turned off the zone completely at the controller but the rad was still getting hot.
This electronic stuff is great when it works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back