Viessmann Vitotrans 150

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a thread on this already and I added this entry but got no responses. Maybe the old thread is not being followed??

Here is my input and question....

Its amazing, this thread, and I hope I am not too late in 'getting in' is almost precisely what has happened to me. Its a little frustrating that there isn't any 'answer' in the thread, but never mind.

I have the same controller, in France. I have no external management, i.e. no thermostat or external temp probe, so all is dependent on the boiler, each rad has a theormostatic valve. I have the installation since 2001 and no problem. However, this year, i.e. since October 2010 or so when I turned it on to both heating and water, it has, from time to time, started doing what was described above, the pump staying on. I tried the 'old trick' of resetting by turning the whole thing off for a while and it seemed to have cured the prob. The last few weeks the outside temp has been low (below the 3C set) but just these last days (in contrast to the rest of Europe) the temp has been >5C all the time. But just yesterday I was supposed to be going away for a few days and set it to standby and noticed the pump continued to run.... My flight was cancelled and when I got back here the pump was still running, but rads were cold. I turned the power off for 5 mins or so before starting it again and it seems to be sort of working, pump is on and off, but not following any pattern, that I can see.

I finally got away over Christmas and the system was on standby for the last ten days or so, but I noticed quite a bit of fuel was used, which would indicate the temp dropped below 3C. It was switched over to 'normal' operating yesterday but the pump didn't start. I turned it off and on this morning and now it is operating.

Does this indicate a control problem or a pump malfunction? Seems more likely to be a control issue since the pump works when the system is 'reset'

The other weird thing, I just looked and it seems the hot water management has reset itself. I have it programmed for half hour at 06.00 and another hour at 15.30, having changed that from 16.30 last year. Now it is back to 16.30???? The central heating which runs 06.30 to 22.00 is as it was.

Confused!!

Thanks for any advice.

Bye, Barry

Sponsored Links
Do you mean a Vitotronic 150? A Vitotrans is a heat exchanger.

Do you mean a Vitotronic 150? A Vitotrans is a heat exchanger.

I am so sorry, you are correct. I am even more confused than I thought!!

The original thread was called Viessmann Vitotrol 150!!

Any ideas anyone??

Thanks, Barry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back