Boiler won't start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone - my first post.
I have danesmoor 12/19 boiler which wouldn't start the other day and went into lockout. It has a bentoneb9c burner.
I took the external cover off and reset. The motor was humming and getting warm but not turning. I loosened the 3 cap screws that hold the oil pump on, turned it from side to side a bit and the motor started and boiler fired up. I retightened the cap screws and it continued running. Sometimes it starts on it's own and sometimes only when I loosen and retighten the pump. I'm guessing the pump is on it's last legs but it is likely to be something else?

Sponsored Links
what does the oil pump shaft turn like by hand :?:

at a guess it could be :idea:

if the oil pump moves freely by hand and the fan impellor attached to the motor are spinning soundly it could be the capitor is on the way out and is not giving enough of a kick to start the fan motor ;)

It is likely to be the Capacitor, But I have had quite a few of these that show the symptoms described here, which turns out to be a faulty Satronic TF830 Control Box, Have had this 3 or 4 times in the last few years, new box always fixes the problem, but I can't work out the logic of the fault

you must be a very busy man to get these symtoms and it be the box....
in 20 yrs i have had 1?

Sponsored Links
As i said i can't expalin the logic of it but in 36 years iv'e come accross this 3 or 4 times, Motor just hums, its free to turn, new cap does not fix it, change motor Still hums, New 830 box away it goes if you can explain it great!! funny thing is it only happens on worcester boilers!

I dont know if i'm busy or not, but I see about 5 -6 Oil fired boiler per day?

Do you measure the supply voltage to the pump when you get that?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back