oil pump on worcester danesmoor boiler

cf1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a worcester danesmoor boiler with a Danfoss BFP 11 L3 pump on an electro oil inter 2011 burner. How is this fixed to the electric motor? Is it necessary to take the cover off the pump? Also, concerning the same oil pump, in an attempt to remove the solenoid, I mistakenly unscrewed the small allen screw in the centre, thinking that I could then withdraw the solenoid. Immediately oil started to leak out around the screw, which I later believed to be related to the internal oil filter. However, it was very difficult to stop the flow of oil when I retightened the screw. Is there an "O" ring seal which I may have damaged? It seems possible to continue tightening the screw much further than it's original position. Any advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
There are 3 screws in the collar of the motor.

Do you mean the screw on top of the coil ?

• Thanks
Reactions: cf1
The attached photo shows the position of the allen screw on top of the coil. Is the grub screw shown one of three which need to be released to remove the pump? I tried this but the pump seemed tight to remove and I didn't force it in case there were other screws inside the pump casing. //www.diynot.com/network/cf1/albums/

Sponsored Links
Yes thats one of three grub screws,just disconnect the lead from the solenoid, no need to undo allen screw

• Thanks
Reactions: cf1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back