Worcester Danesmoor PJ 15-19 - Inter 99 Burner - Nozzle size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Danesmoor PJ 15-19 Oil fired Pressure jet boiler which dates back to about 1989-90.

It has a Electro Oil Inter 99 burner fitted.

It is fitted with a Danfoss 0.55 80°H nozzle ... which from what I can tell is the 'default' nozzle which would give approx. 17 kW output.

If I want to increase the output to it's max (19kW) what nozzle would I need to fit ? and what oil pump pressure?

I have found data for the later Danemoor PJ 15-19 with the Electro Oil Inter B9B Burner. This shows;
Fuel : 28 Sec. Kerosene
17Kw > 0.55 80°EH nozzle & 100psi pump pressure
19Kw > 0.60 60°ES nozzle & 105psi pump pressure

Would this data be valid for my boiler ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
HI

you would get better answer from worcester.

Give it a go and if the baffles rattle everytime it starts then it needs turning down a bit? Some would say its an exact science, getting a good cone with a clean burn is most important.
It looks right to me with the shallower nozzle angle on the increased fuel input.
Whats wrong with the original settings and output, surely the burner would just run for longer periods on the lower BTU rating?

Sponsored Links
Go for a .60 60 deg nozzle, ES (solid cone) is preferred - maintain a pump pressure to 105 psi and aim for a CO2 reading of 11.5% - according to the data I have.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back