W/B 15/19 heatslave burner nozzle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Old heatlsave 15/19 (1991 vintage) with B11 burner running on 35 sec gas oil, as was instructed by previous owners of the property. Due to the price difference kero/gasoil I would like to change the burner to run the cheeper fuel.I removed the nozzle and it is marked as follows:

0.6 80 H 2.37kg/h. note (80 degrees H no degree button on keyboard!)

The manual I have is for the later heatslaves which list B9B burner for the 15/19 and therefore I have no reference as to which nozzle to fit.

Checked pump running press with a gauge and is currently set at 105psi. What would happen if I start using kero with the boiler nozz /airflow settings as it is?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The boiler will need re-commissioning using all the appropriate instruments. 105psi seems low for gas oil.

YOUR GPH (Gallons per hour ) can be worked out by dividing the heat input of your boiler by 140000
Square combustion chambers normally fire 70 - 90 degree angle whilst longer, narrower chambers 30- 60 degree.
Pump pressure at 100 psi as that is what the nozzles are tested at.

if the nozzle you choose shows signs of flame infringement on combustion walls then the spray angle may need changing
H nozzels or EH are fine

The price for the oil may be cheaper, but the cost of the energy is not. Class D (gas oil) has 10% more Joules/kg than class C2 (kerosene). Advice is: don't bother.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back