Worcester bosh 15/19 heatslave burner won't start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all this should be simple to some of you out there I have the heatslave 15/19 oil combi it's worked fine .it was taken out two weeks ago as we were having alterations it was re installed the other day filled up etc started up first time, after a few minutes it became apparent that no warm water was going through the pipes it clicked off as normal and the pipes then started to get warm but the burner will not re start. The pump works and the dial clicks when you move it to ask for heat .the burner does no attempt to fire and is not on lockout :( it's as if the whole burner has been taken out the rest of the boiler goes through its motions any thoughts

Sponsored Links
Check that the manual overheat trip hasn't deployed......top left after the boiler front cover is removed. Press it upwards.
John :)

AND don't forget to bleed air from the 4 manual air vents located on various pipes and on top of the thermal store and boiler shell, otherwise the overheat stat will simply trip again! ;)

Beat me to it :p
Thats presumably the 3 square bleed vents, and the AAV?
Might get the odd hiss out of the pump too.

Sponsored Links
Beat me to it :p
Thats presumably the 3 square bleed vents, and the AAV?
Might get the odd hiss out of the pump too.
hi great stuff guys heating is on but no hot water :( bled the 3 square valves but where is the fourth also hot water tank hot is it the diverter valve

The missing bleed point is the brass automatic air vent on the top of the boiler.....midships or thereabouts. Its got a plastic cap on just like a car tyre valve.
The diverter valve is a great suspect with your situation, but you'll probably get away with just a new motor, or powerhead, on the top.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back