Worcester Danesmoor non starter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Worcester Danesmoor 15/19 oil fired boiler. This boiler continues to lock out. The fan funs, have plenty of fuel, have tested solenoid and the pump is new. With the burner out on the floor there is a health spark at the electrodes but when I put it back into the boiler body it refuses to fire up. Any ideas, please?

Sponsored Links
Have you bled the pump and checked the pressure also check the nozzle,did you run out of fuel by chance?Bob

No, not run out of oil, had a delivery a month back and it's been running since then. Have bled the pump but not set up the pressure as have lost my guage. I have no idea how old the current nozzle is, so maybe a replacement is required? But it was running a couple of weeks ago?

Sponsored Links
A good burner if a little fickle I would check the coil again if I were you,when you had it on the floor was there oil coming through if so then if you had sparks it's prob the nozzle make sure you get the right one.For info read the boiler info plate.Bob

When you check the spark with the burner out of the boiler, have you disconnected the solenoid coil? If it is disconnected, then if you try to light it in the boiler, when you remove the burner, is the blast tube wet? If not, and you are not getting it to light, are you getting oil? If not, meter the resistance the resistance of the coil, if it is not moving off 1, then replace the coil. If it is, check the voltage at the coil when trying to start. If no voltage, then duff control box. Otherwise, check your oil supply, filters etc.

Well the oil pump is new and came with a coil fitted but I did check the coil again by sticking a screwdriver in to check magnetism and it’s fine.

When I had it on the floor the oil line was disconnected, didn’t want to risk setting the kitchen on fire! so not sure about oil flow. I’ll order a new nozzle and see how that goes. Also, I've not carried out a pressure adjustment on the new pump yet. Just fitted it straight out the box. D'you reckon that could be part of the problem?

Thanks Bob

A danfoss pump straight out of the box will be set at 150 psi, higher than you need. Have you bled the pump? Reconnect the oil, bleed the pump, try starting it then remove the burner to see if the blast tube is wet. I assume you have replaced the drive dog to the pump.

Whoa danfoss come set at 8bar which is 120psi that is standard I would say 0.65x60degrees ES
at 110psi and youll not go far wrong.Bob

Whoa danfoss come set at 8bar which is 120psi that is standard I would say 0.65x60degrees ES
at 110psi and youll not go far wrong.Bob
Danfoss 10 bar, Riello 8 Bar. If it's still not lighting, at present that's immaterial.

Well today the new nozzle arrived. I fitted it, reset the electrodes and cleaned the cut-off valve that sits in the nozzle tube. Again, tried the burner on the floor first to ensure spark....all good.. Fitted the burner. Bled the pump. Didn't start. Tried it four more times. No good. Renoved the burner. Blast tube dry, no trace of fuel. Undid the nut connecting the fuel pipe to the end of the nozzle and fuel sprayed out under pressure. So the nozzle tube must be blocked? Is it possible to replace the shut-off valve that sits behind the nozzle??

Yes. Screw in a M5 bolt and pull it out.

Part no

8 716 156 658 0

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back