Worcester Danesmoor 15/19 tripping electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can u help please. Have a Worcester Danesmoor 15/19 OIl boiler and when switched on after a few seconds in trips the circuit breaker on the fuse board. Seems to happen when there is a click like a solenoid.

Sponsored Links
Disconnect the solenoid lead from the coil. If it does not trip, replace the solenoid. If it still trips, then isolate the components in the sequence they are energised until you find the culprit.

Thanks quick response, A few pics,

Which burner do I have?

Is the solenoid the silver jobbie in the first pic.

Sponsored Links
Yes . You will need to remove the live feed to the components in the control box to isolate.

Ok disconnected and isolated the live wire from the silver solenoid in the first pic. The boiler does not trip the electric now but the lock out light comes on.

So this is the solenoid coil ?
I guess its likely that replacing that will cure the problem. Had a look online but cant find that model.

Will this do it?

COIL SOLENOID VALVE BFP21L3 - Worcester Spares
£57.64 including VAT

That would be my choice due to the pumps age.

It is not a straight swap though as the high pressure fuel pipe will need modifications.
The oil pressure and combustion will need checking.
Or try "Brahma 1809107"

The Brahma will be a better bet but you may need to adapt the pipework a little. If you change the pump complete, then the burner will need to be recommissioned.

Thanks for the help. Out of curiosity why is the Brahma better. Doesn't seem to be widely available in the UK.

Haven't measured the existing yet but looks like it has male 1/4 bsp on both sides. The brahma will be 1/4 BSP female I think so I may get away with two 1/4 bsp male to male adapters on each side.

rgds

My mistake, male to male

1809107 - E7B 1/4"M x 1/4"M 230v Oil Solenoid Valve c/w 600mm Lead

Only place I can see that in the UK is Anglo Nordic. Cant find a picture, hoping one of the male outlets is long like the existing.

V matic is no longer available. They were used extensively on Rayburn pressure jets and NuWay burners. There are also Delta valves that may be better suited. These are used on Rayburns, and are 1/4" BSP female both sides. A 1/4 nipple will fit on the pump side, but you would need to find a 1/4 bsp male to 1/4 flare on the burner side.

Guys thank you. Boiler is running again. Its a bit slow to get the rads hot but I guess its an old boiler, the pump was replaced last year.

Ended up with a Delta solenoid coil and some adapters. The BSP to flare adapter was nearly as much as the solenoid. I suppose in hindsight another way forward would be to change the pump to a Danfoss BFP21 including a new solenoid.

Seems its a 1979 boiler so has got us thinking ahead about a replacement.

thanks again

A sweet little Inter 10 burner - bless!
I use the BFP21L3 pump, which comes with a new coil......the drive gear is a bit fragile though so I'd replace that if I was delving inside.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back