danesmoor oil 15/19 ignition lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi after a intelligent oil engineer, i've got the worcester danesmoor 15/19 boiler with a lockout problem.
reset the control box and it gives a noise out (pre purge?) signal is sent to the fan but no fan action, is it the same sequence as other boilers, pump, fan, light (in as many words) of does this have a different sequence?

Cheers,,,

Sponsored Links
After pressing the lockout reset the motor should get power. This will drive the fan and oil pump together at the same time. Is it spinning at all? could be a jammed oil pump........

Sponsored Links
marcr, i can hear the power being delivered now you mention it sounds like it could be jammed, so if the fan moves so does the pump? not a seperate unit?

True John. :oops:

They are linked to run together. pump will have a bypass or similar for when it's not firing.

Have you ran out of oil recently or getting low? anything like that?

john. i think they did run out of oil recently, i might strip the motor and see if it's stuck, the power you can hear trying to do something I expected the fan and then ignition, I just spoke to the guy and he said he could hear the boiler making a noise for a few days,,,,, tut he could have said earlier! must be the motor/fan assembly

The moment you press the illuminated reset button - so long as you have waited a minute or so after it came on - you should hear the motor spin, which in turn turns the fan and the pump on the same shaft. Ignition spark also occurs, and after a few seconds of 'purge' (blowing fresh air into the flue) the oil is turned on electrically. If a flame is seen, a photocell recognises this and keeps the oil supply switched on.
So, if you just hear a hum, the motor isn't spinning - due to a failed motor or capacitor, or an oil pump that is stiff to turn or seized.
I think its time to get the burner onto the bench for a check! Its easy enough to rig up a 240v supply to the motor to test it. If you have to manually spin the motor to get it to turn, the capacitor (aluminium cylindrical thing bolted to the motor) has gone to the great capacitor graveyard in the sky.
John :)

John you legend! you've spelt it out for me, I'll be able to finnish this now.

Thanks all tho for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back