Worcester Danesmoor Lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, need a bit of help please. Just moved into a new house with a Worcester Danesmoor oil burner. Its about three years old.
The thing is trying to start up, goes through the ignition sequence, but there is no flame - then lockout occurs and a 'click'. Any suggestions / checks I can carry out?
Thanks
John

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for replying so quickly. I have so far done the following: turned the oil supply stop cock to the off position, disconnected the supply pipe to the pump, opened the stop cock and I have a good supply of oil with no bubbles. I have also taken the small tubular filter out of the pump but that looks okay. I have also disconnected the metal pipe from the pump to the burner and checked for blockages - it seems okay. So I feel it is not a supply problem. The oil tank is also full as a delivery was made just before I moved in.

1 is pump solonoid working.

2 Is nozzle ok?

3 At what stage of firing sequence does it go to lockout

4 Is photocell clean

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have pulled the photocell out and cleaned it although it looked in good nick.
It seems to be getting oil but not firing.
I will do some more checks this afternoon and come back to you.
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back