Danesmoor 15/19

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Danesmoor 15/19 boiler which has stopped powering up. The thermostat is on and the power lights for heating and water on the timer are lit.

But the power light on the boiler has not come on. Previously when I've had problems the 'lockout' light has come on, but no lights are currently lit on the boiler itsself.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
overheat stat? yours might be manual reset.

whatever, if this has tripped then boiler control stat will need replacing.

When I take the front panel off, I can see a red plastic thing sticking out of the underside of the electrical panel. It is a cylindrical, with a red cross in the centre of it. Is this the manual reset switch? I pressed it, but it does not seem to move like a switch, and pressing it had no noticeable effect.

There is a sticker on the lagging on the inside of the boiler that says 'Overheat Thermostat Reset Button', with a big red arrow pointing upwards, but pointing at nothing in particular. I checked and could not find anything that it might be pointing to, other than the switch above.

Is there any way I can prove this has tripped, hence then boiler control stat will need replacing, as suggested by Wilhelm?

Well the boiler is working again today. I guess it cooled off and stat reset itself. Wilhelm: Thanks for advice . :)

Sponsored Links
...sadly now it's stopped working again, same problem :( . Does anyone know where I can get a new control stat for this, preferably mail order or online? The ref number is Ranco K36P1322 (also ZAMAJ226)?

Alternatively, does anyone have the parts list for the old 15/19 (installed some time between 96 and 98 ), and therefore can tell me what the new Worcester part number is for that stat?

ZAMAJ226 is the worcester part no.

Try Parts Center.

Turn the control stat to minimum and see if it improves.

Thanks Terry, I tried turning the stat down, but the power light still wouldn't come on. The stat does click when turned right down, but the boiler power light won't come on, no matter where the stat is positioned.

I checked the Parts Centre website, but am a little unsure. They have a part with description: "WORC 87161423680 OVERHEAT STAT C28P1446>ZAMAJ121,OIL HEATSLAVE,DANESMOOR 15/19", but the picture does not look exactly like my stat. I think there's a combi version of the Danesmoor 15/19 (mine is an older floorstanding version), so maybe that stat is for the newer combi version.

I was hoping to find a Worcester part number in the format 87161423XXX, which seems to be their new code standard. I phoned Worcester and someone looked back at the old parts lists for me and found 87161423110 - but they had no record of a ZAM number, so I couldn't check if it's the same thing. When I looked that up on the Parts Centre website, the description was "WORC 87161423110 LIMIT STAT L07P1022 ZAMAJ227>" - a different ZAM number to what is written on my stat. Unfortunately there was no picture, so I couldn't check if it looked the same.

Any more ideas anyone, is the ZAMAJ227 similar or just an updated version of the ZAMAJ226 or do I need to keep looking?

Phoned Parts Centre, they found the new part number and the stat arrived today. Fitted it and it works like a dream (useful because it's just started snowing here). Total cost - £25. Brilliant. :D Thanks for help guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back