VIN

S

SammyInnit

I'm looking at a 2014 Ford ranger tomorrow and all was fine until I came to check quotes for the insurance.

I tried with Aviva online as I have my van with them and the reg bought back a 'couldnt find details' error.

I've tried other insurance sites, one came up as manual when it's an auto and another got the right one.

I've done the HPI, checked the VIN to the Reg on ford Etis and check the MOT history.

Other than the card on the door jamb, what other locations will have the VIN stamped? I want to make sure I'm not getting sold a ringer should I decide I want it.

Sponsored Links
I know about the windscreen and on the rangers there's one on the driver's door pillar as a tag.

Am I right in thinking the stamp in the bottom tub/shell would be directly into the metal and not a fixed plate?

It's been a while since I've looked at any of this so I'm a bit green.

Direct onto the metal, as a rule....I don't think there's too many 'ringers' around these days - MOT records and so on make it more difficult. Dealer records should show service history or whatever.
A nice, beefcake vehicle! The early ones were pretty bomb proof but I can't comment on the recent models. You won't find the underbody protection particularly good though!
I hope you like what you find.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Direct onto the metal, as a rule....I don't think there's too many 'ringers' around these days - MOT records and so on make it more difficult.
John :)
Not like the 1973 Imp a friend owned - when you had to pay road tax on that year. They had a '65 one that died - one weekend the 65 one changed colour and the VIN plate that was pop rivited under the bonnet dissapeared. I could have sworn the trim inside changed somehow too. :sneaky::whistle:

Went and checked it all fine. Drove it home this evening.

Just taxed it with the V5C. Could anyone tell me if I'll automattically get a new V5 from taxing online or do I need to send this counterpart off?

It's all done on his end. It's shown up online as keeper changed and I updated my HPI check with the V5 data and everything has matched so far so I think that's all sorted. Finalised my insurance policy this morning as I had to faff wwith multi-van.

IMG-20181022-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20181022-WA0020.jpg

It's also got an armadillo roller top on the pick up back.

Got a nice shiny new disklok for it today.
IMG_20181022_194223.jpg

IMG_20181022_194117.jpg

I tried a 2.2 Limited on Friday gone and it just didn't have the grunt you'd want behind such a motor. It was leather interior but had quite a few knocks on the body work and more miles than I wanted.

This one however, you'll notice some paint has come away from the silver front fender which the last keeper admitted was being too hard with the jetwash. there's a small dent on the rear n/s bumper but a replacement section is fairly cheap should I want to swap it. Couple of marks across the top of the tailgate which I'd expect on any pickup but I'll be able to easily hide with a protector strip. Other than that, it's mint. I'm the third keeper/owner; FSH, every bit of paper work dating back to when it was purchased by the first keeper. 29k miles. Tyres are all like new. I did think they'd forgotten to put in the locking nut key which would have cost a few quid from ford as they're coded to the motor but I found it in there. Spare wheel is an alloy wheel the same and a brand new tyre on it. Of course all leather interior. All wildtrak mats are in there and they look like new. Had a spare remote fob with it. And the bonus - no VAT :D

Sponsored Links
Back