Vinyl click flooring planks - wastage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the risk of sounding like a tightwad/cracked record, I notice that vinyl click together flooring planks come in packs of typically a bit more than 2 m2 which is very slightly less than the bathroom area I wish to floor. I had a moan in the tiling forum about wastage of shower panels when used above a shower bath and it seems to me the flooring pack sizes are likewise produced for the convenience of handling etc.

Does anyone know of an outlet which will split boxes up and sell planks individually as you can with wall tiles (buy sample tiles to meet any shortfall)? My only other option is to sell a surplus almost complete box on Gumtree or the like to claw back a bit of expense.

I see there are stick down vinyl 'tiles' which are typically about 1m
2 per box but these appear to be a bit tacky (ha ha).

Sponsored Links
The big hardware stores will sell a plank as sample and they also sell open or damaged packs at discounted prices.
Wickes, selco, b&q, homebase, etc.

Always handy to have spares in case you damage them or have a flood etc. mind you, I have two and a bit boxes left over when I did my hall/kitchen/diner due to me mis-measuring which at £90 a box is probably a tad too much!

Sponsored Links
Always handy to have spares in case you damage them or have a flood etc. mind you, I have two and a bit boxes left over when I did my hall/kitchen/diner due to me mis-measuring which at £90 a box is probably a tad too much!
£90/box for laminate???
Was it hand manufactured by the Queen herself???

£90/box for laminate???
Was it hand manufactured by the Queen herself???
Who said laminate? Vinyl. Slightly less now - £86.55 - but I'm sure I paid more a while ago.

Norb ,why don't you get a price of Mottie ? he has a few boxes extra .;)
You read my mind. But true to form I missed the boat and bit the bullet before he posted! I will sell my surplus on Gumtree - enough for a cloakroom loo or a top up on a larger purchase. Thanks all for your observations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back