Virgin media frequency range

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i need a 2 way splitter to split my signal, i know virgin use technetix but the issue is there are two types of this splitter (technetix) one of their 2 way splitters says 5-1000mhz and each output port is 3.6db, the other splitter says 5-1218mhz and each output port is 4.5db.
My question is which one will work best?, is there any noticeable difference between 3.6db and 4.5db? Or are both splitters more or less equal in performance?

I know you shouldn't be messing about with the virgin media network but I have made absolutely sure I have got the correct cable marked "catv" with proper connectors (cabelcon 4.9).
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your talking a 0.9 loss difference.

you are right you shouldn’t touch the virgin stuff as you will likely cause interference. But as it sounds like you are going to do it anyway make sure the F connectors are fitted correctly and tightened so you can’t undo them with your hand.

Your talking a 0.9 loss difference.

you are right you shouldn’t touch the virgin stuff as you will likely cause interference. But as it sounds like you are going to do it anyway make sure the F connectors are fitted correctly and tightened so you can’t undo them with your hand.
Thanks, so no noticeable difference then? Either splitter will work? I will be doing it myself but if its any consolation i have checked the cable quality and it is definitely triple screened i also got good quality connectors (cabelcon 4.9) i know how to correctly make the compression fittings as well and i used the same connectors for a freeview system a while back.
Rest assured i know better than to go to b and q and the likes and buy the cheapest coax possible.
Out of interest what is the virgin media frequency range? Has it gone above 1000mhz?
Thanks

As far as I am aware they still use nothing above 1000MHz and probably won’t for quite a few years. A lot of the equipment they have is not even 1000Mhz compatible.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, so just to confirm it doesn't matter which of the two splitters is used both will work fine, 0.9db would make no noticeable difference?
Cheers

There is a spec devices are installed to with a window of margin each way for fluctuations. 0.9db will make no difference.

The signal levels are carefully adjusted by VM for your property. Dropping by 4.5dB may or may not cause an issue.

Why do you want to split anyway? Are you adding something unauthorised to the other leg?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back