virgin super hub

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, ive just brought a virgin super hub off ebay and tried connecting today for wireless broadband. I can get connected to it wirelessly but cant get onto the internet. Ive rang up virgin but they dont want to know because i havent brought it from them. Does anybody know if theres anyway i can get it to work or am i wasting my time cheers.

Sponsored Links
Hi there

ur wastin ur time am afraid and u've bought a brick to be honest

virgin own the boxes and rent them out to customers, so u cant ring them up and ask for the mac address to be attached to ur account, virgin wont do that.

Also at the moment, the super hub is not very good especially wireless and after the latest software update u are now able to use the superhub as a stand alone modem, to use with ur own router which works much better.

Juliex

It wont work because the MAC address (its unique to every network interface device) wont be registered with Virgin.

What did virgin say when you rang them? Did they point blank refuse to add the MAC address to their database?

Sponsored Links
Hi

virgin will point blank refuse to add the mac address to their database as u have to get the modem from them as they rent them to the customers as it is virgins property so the mac address is added by them before u get the box from them.

Juliex

ps... if u visit the cable forum which has virgin staff as members u can post this question and they will tell u the same thing

Back