virtual tour problem

• Thread starter confidentincompetent
  • Start date
C

confidentincompetent

Hi, P/c seems to be ok apart from when I click on a vrtual tour type picture, then for some reason I get bumped off internet, No larfin but AOL advice dont work, ie have reinstalled aol software and dsl modem drivers. but nope I just get bumped off when i clik on v/t. same thing with london eye tour, so not just this page

http://www.hotelidania.com/eng/hall.htm

any clues :cry:

Windows xp home
vulcan amd athlon 1500+ xp (1.33ghz)
120g h/d
640 mb ram.

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
worked ok for me :confused:

Ta for looking kev M8.
I've defragged, scanned reinstalled aol and evrything but
I'm still getting bumped off by that 360 d link and any other v/t link. strange though can still surf and download pdf etc oh well might leave it alone and maybe will fix itself lol.
cheers
update :(
Oh dear! Now when I download a pdf file p/c clunks and colours glow :eek: . My display settings are reverting to something like 8 bit.
I usually have it on 32bit.

confidentincompetent said:
Hi, P/c seems to be ok apart from when I click on a vrtual tour type picture, then for some reason I get bumped off internet, No larfin but AOL advice dont work, ie have reinstalled aol software and dsl modem drivers. but nope I just get bumped off when i clik on v/t. same thing with london eye tour, so not just this page

http://www.hotelidania.com/eng/hall.htm

any clues :cry:

Windows xp home
vulcan amd athlon 1500+ xp (1.33ghz)
120g h/d
640 mb ram.

Excuse update. but also now find, when I download a PDF file the display settings change to 8bit sending screen colours all lumicent (I think). I get into display and clik back to 32 bit highest and all is ok then till I click on another pdf file, and display reverts to 8 bit

:confused:

Sponsored Links
AOL stands for:

Any
Old
Lie

To get you off the phone in my opinion. They have the worst technical team i have ever seen, you have to speak to 4 chimps before you get to an organ grinder :evil:

Don't use there browser, minimise it down and use internet explorer, it helps with the booting.

Check you have no virus on your computer, run a virus scan.

Disable you firewall and try the virtual tour, possibly your permisions are wrong.

Download and run Adaware through your computer to check for spyware.

Could also be a problem with your graphics driver, although unlikely.

Expertboy said:
AOL stands for:

Any
Old
Lie

To get you off the phone in my opinion. They have the worst technical team i have ever seen, you have to speak to 4 chimps before you get to an organ grinder :evil:

Don't use there browser, minimise it down and use internet explorer, it helps with the booting.

Check you have no virus on your computer, run a virus scan.

Disable you firewall and try the virtual tour, possibly your permisions are wrong.

Download and run Adaware through your computer to check for spyware.

Could also be a problem with your graphics driver, although unlikely.
Thanks.
Agree with all above lol can't wait till me b/b 12mth contract is up to try another isp, btw aol now charge for phone help, chap on phone was ok but the online so called free help well it's bangalor innit :confused:
anyhow! I got so fed up with this little prob, spent ages scanning, etc etc , so I reinstalled xp +sp2 (centerprise recovery disc/s) All ok now, Pdf files work ok without tripping display settings, so hopefully me cards ok.
Though I thnk I need java (??) As when I clik on virtual tour pic I get empty window and red kiss. but I don,t get bumped off internet now :LOL: