Visonic PowerMaster 30 alarm

I know all that, you still have to tell them you are testing.

If they arrive at your premises to find 'peppermint smoke' they are not going to be happy.

"Yep - had to ring the central control office when we did a demo last week"

Sponsored Links
It is very weird and odd that Visonic even considered launching the PowerMaster-30 which is their top premium alarm system without being ready for the basic communication technology (Broadband/IP connectivity). However on their website it states that the broadband/IP options will be available for PowerMaster in 2013.

Here is what's on Visonic website
http://www.visonic.com/communications-new-family

Visonic’s PowerMaster and PowerMax family of wireless burglar alarm systems include cellular and IP connectivity options for broadband*- and/or GSM/GPRS communications, enabling uninterrupted data transfer in case of a link failure or interferences. These options enable to install the home security system with the most suitable communication links and security backup for any premises and any customer. Because all communication modules are internal, installation and upgrades are quick and easy and they can be changed or added to the panel – even several years later – according to the evolving infrastructure.

*IP and broadband connectivity options for Power-G control panels will be available during 2013

Anyone seen any update to this?

I am assuming that the Powermaster range are only able to be monitored via an alarm center still?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Anyone seen any update to this?

I am assuming that the Powermaster range are only able to be monitored via an alarm center still?

Thanks

Looks like it, at least for now. I asked Security Warehouse about pointing a Powermaster-10 to one of Visonics PowerManage servers in order to get images emailed to me when the alarm is triggered and this is their reply:
"Thank you for your enquiry.

The Intergrated PIRs with camera are for use with a Monitoring station only, end users do not have access to the images. However Visonic are soon to release the PowerLink3 for Version17 of the Powermaster panels and you would be able to use this to access internal cameras. "Soon" sadly is the only information we are able to provide as there is not a date for launch yet.

Kind Regards

Security Warehouse Support"

tabugman";p="2958216 said:
"Thank you for your enquiry.

The Intergrated PIRs with camera are for use with a Monitoring station only, end users do not have access to the images. However Visonic are soon to release the PowerLink3 for Version17 of the Powermaster panels and you would be able to use this to access internal cameras. "Soon" sadly is the only information we are able to provide as there is not a date for launch yet.

Kind Regards

Security Warehouse Support"

This could be quite optimistic: based on Installer guide, it seems that Powerlink3 will not include any web server and will not include the ability to access cameras direclty, but this will be possible exclusively via a PowerManage provided by a Monitoring Station.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back