Visonic Powermaster Or Texecom Premier Elite?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm going to get a few quotes for an alarm system for a 4 bedroom house but thought I'd do some research first!

I think i've narrowed it down to either the Visonic Powermaster G30 or the Texeceom Premier Elite 48. Both seem to have pretty good reviews.

What are people's opinion on these? I'd quite like an iPhone app to monitor the alarm (although not essential) - the Powermaster only seems to do this if it's connected to a monitoring station? Is that right? Whereas the Premier Elite doesn't look like it needs to be. Can both of these alarms at least dial/sms direct to my mobile without the need for a monitoring station?

I like the snazzy touchscreen keypad with built in proxy tag reader for the Powermaster. Are there any other similar keypads for other alarms? The flush fitting Premier Elite keypads are also very nice and partly the reason why I have narrowed it down to these two systems :)

Thanks

Marc

Sponsored Links
Texecom will need an ip com unit for the app, it can sms via your landline or you could fit a gsm unit , no touch screen but why ? It's an alarm not a toy and how much to replace if it goes wrong ? Please bear this in mind, can't comment on the powermax.

Don't forget to hang a cloth alongside the 'Touch screen' to wipe off all the greasy fingerprints after it has been used, they always look b..... awful.

Sponsored Links
Don't forget to hang a cloth alongside the 'Touch screen' to wipe off all the greasy fingerprints after it has been used, they always look b..... awful.
And if the TouchScreen is used to enter a reset code the greasy fingerprints identify which digits to use.

I have a Galaxy 2-12 alarm with a cheap ethernet module and monitoring from a quid/month. I have full control of the alarm via any internet connection (unfortunately not an Apple app yet, although there's an Android one). You can have it email, text and/or call you with alarm events. It also has a keypad with a keyprox reader, but our particular keypad is like the ones you see in warehouses etc. I believe there's a nicer, but dearer, one.

Maybe worth a look.

Thanks, I will take a look at the Galaxy 2-12!

Any other thoughts on the Visonic Powermaster apart from the touch screen keypad? :D

[quote="alan333";p="3132029"I have full control of the alarm via any internet connection (unfortunately not an Apple app yet, although there's an Android one). [/quote]

There's an Apple app just out, I only got it today but it seems to work a treat.

The Galaxy has a proper full feature lcd touch screen not just a pre-printed touch display. It's expensive and only for Dimension and Flex versions though.

Most people are looking for some sort of app based remote nowadays though.

I have full control of the alarm via any internet connection (unfortunately not an Apple app yet, although there's an Android one).

There's an Apple app just out, I only got it today but it seems to work a treat.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Version 1.01 has been submitted to Apple for approval. This normally takes about a week. This version fixes a 'save settings' issue in version 1.00. It also enables the option to store the panel password and hides from view once stored.

Stuart.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back