vista premium 64bit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there whats the best internet security program for vista 64 bit . i dont mind paying for one , i downloaded microsofts live one care looks good its on 90 days trial but when i went to install it it said only for 32 bit systems lol lol what a joke . anyone know what live one care is like ?and if you can get a 64 bit version emailed microft about it waiting for reply they dont work weekends .some one told me avast is good ? anyway glad of hearing from anyone else who know whats best for vista
many thanks

Sponsored Links
I've not tried Avast on a 64 bit platform, but the product is very good (IMHO).

if i use avast and then want to remove the program at a later date will it leave bits behind like norton does . ive never tried avast i used panda before annd they havnt got the 64 bit version out yet .

Kaspersky...Voted best anti-virus program by many mags/tests.
£25.00 ish...updates daily if required.
Supports Vista and 64 bit

http://www.kaspersky.com/

I have had Kaspersky for over 2 years now, no problems at all.

Sponsored Links
No I have never needed to remove it.
But as you know anti-virus programs do not like each other, and it was a sod to remove Norton which I previously had.... :evil:

lol yes luckily ive never put norton on my pc but seen lots of other pcs with bits of it on still i had macfee once i had a hell of a problem removing that so i am rather careful now.

Unfortunately its in the nature of the beast.
I think all anti-virus programs leave remnants behind, Kaspersky is probably no different.

I reinstalled Windows to totally remove Norton, but a reinstall is no bad thing, leaves you with a clean/fast machine.

Since installing Kaspersky I have had a fast/no problem machine. Whether this is coincidence or not, I do not know.......... :D

well i must say im rather impressed with vista premium after i managed to find driver for my new xfx graphics card as vista couldnt find wright driver and gave it base rate of 1 so no fancy bits lol . after two downloads got wright 64 bit driver and got base rate of 4.8 from vista. but on the other hand vista found wright driver for my 4 year old epson printer a better driver than xp ever found and epson says the printer isnt supported for vista? works well anyway

suffolklad said:
if i use avast and then want to remove the program at a later date will it leave bits behind like norton does . ive never tried avast i used panda before annd they havnt got the 64 bit version out yet .

I don't actually know the answer to this. It's not necessarily something I would consider important. Symantec does have a removal tool, which seems to work well.

Grisoft AVG (paid for version) seems to work OK with Vista 64bit systems.

cheers thanks for that spark ill look into it its a shame microsofts one care antivirus doesnt work on vista 64 bit lol

Yeah, I found it a nuisance when I first did the switch that McAfee doesn't support 64bit OS either.
I found a lot of old programs also don't run with it so I ended up putting another hard disk in with Win XP and a dual boot.

Sponsored Links
Back