Vitodens 100 losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

I've got a Vitodens 100 that is about 5 years old and am having a continuing problem with it. For a while now it has been going through periods where it will need the pressure topping up every couple of days. Then it will work for months with no problem. Then it'll start losing pressure again. I had an engineer from one of the big 6 out last week to service it, and since then I've had to top it up every morning and evening if the heating has been running (so if the heating is on in the morning, I'll need to top it up in the evening and vice versa). I've checked this morning (after having to top it up) and have noticed that, while the heating was running, there is water dripping out of the overflow. Presumably this is where the pressure is going, but does anyone know why this happens so often?

Thanks
Smigg

Sponsored Links
The expansion vessel may have failed or needs repressurising. See the FAQ on this site.

The engineer may have used the PRV to let water out. It may now need replacing.

A conscientious engineer would have checked the EXV and would not have used the PRV to let water out or at least would have checked that its sealing afterwards. But then you said you used a big firm !

Most would say call him back!

Tony

Hi Tony,

thanks for the reply. I'll see if it continues over the next day or so and then yes I think I'll be getting them out again!! :(

Thanks
Smigg

I work on these nearly every day in social housing and its usually the ex vessel not the prv the vitodens 100 is a bag of hammers

Sponsored Links
its all well and good bringing out a newer better model but to allow a model with so many faults onto the market in the first place viessmann should hang their head in shame

they know and it would be like saying to the romans i hope those nails are sharp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back